Champion Youth Softball Performance Program
A Comprehensive 12-Week Program To Enhance Softball Specific Performance
READY TO TAKE YOUR SOFTBALL PERFORMANCE TO THE NEXT LEVEL?
At Champion, we've worked with hundreds of softball and baseball players, from youth, high school, NCAA to MLB All-Stars. We know what it takes to maximize your softball performance.
Our programs are designed to enhance all aspects of athletic performance, including strength, power, mobility, speed, agility, and endurance. We don't build one-dimensional athletes. However, when it comes to softball, you also can't just perform a generic program, you must understand the unique demands of the sport.
Most strength and conditioning programs are built around making you simply sweat or not training at all, but softball players have different needs. There are many common exercises we DON'T perform in softball players, as well as additional exercises just for softball players.
Our 12-Week Youth Softball Performance program is perfect for younger pre-high school players looking to get started in a sports performance program that is focused on enhancing softball-specific movements. You'll start building the foundation to future performance programs and set yourself apart from you teammates. (Looking for a more advanced program? Click here for our programs for high school, college, and advanced softball players.)
The program has been designed by Champion Coach Nick Esposito and Physical Therapist Mike Reinold, who together have an extensive background working with elite softball and baseball players. You'll follow a program based on the same ones we use with our collegiate and professional athletes.
We don’t just say “train like the pros.” We actually train the pros. We work with athletes of all ages included youth, high school, college, and professional athletes. We’ve worked with big leaguers from every MLB team, include World Series Champions, All-Stars, MVPs, and Cy Young winners. Our programs are all based on the programs that Champion’s Mike Reinold developed as Head Athletic Trainer and Physical Therapist of the Boston Red Sox and now Chicago White Sox and Northeastern University.
These programs that were developed by us are the same programs used throughout NCAA Softball Programs as well as MLB right now by the tons of Big Leaguers.
CHAMPION YOUTH SOFTBALL: 12-WEEK PERFORMANCE PROGRAM
- Training Level: Youth pre-high school softball players (click here for our advanced program)
- Workouts per Week: Program can be 2-3x per week based on your schedule
- Workout Length: 60-75 Minutes
- Duration: 12-Weeks
- Equipment Needed: bands, dumbbells, kettlebells, medicine balls
- A challenging 12-week program that progresses monthly and builds to prepare you for the season
- 2-3 day a week program that can be adjusted based on your schedule
- Comprehensive program designed to enhance pitching velocity, bat speed, running speed, and fielding agility
- An integrated arm-care portion of the program to work on rotator cuff and scapular muscles
Our 12-Week Youth Softball Performance Program has everything you need to start working towards enhancing your performance. We'll focus on all aspects of softball performance and long term athletic development, including arm care:
Many athletes and parents just don’t know when or how to start when it comes to a workout program, especially at the youth ages. From the start of middle school, these are some of the most important years for your athletic and strength development. We’ve made this program to help softball players (and multi-sport athletes) develop all the skills that will enhance your long term development and have a positive impact on the field.
Our major goal with youth workouts is to help set you up for a future of successful strength and conditioning. We do this though a combination of age appropriate movements, mobility, arm care, core training, power development and strength training making it one of the most comprehensive programs out there!
Here’s some of the most common injuries we see for female athletes:
- Ankle Sprains
- Shoulder Issues (rotator cuff, labrum, tendonitis) from instability and overuse
- Knee Injuries – Females are 2-4 times more likely to have ACL injuries
- Stress Fractures in the foot or lower leg (tibia).
Why are females more prone to injuries?
From Harvard Medical: “There is probably a combination of factors that contribute to the higher incidence of injuries among female athletes. And we have more theories than actual answers. The most common explanation is that it’s due to basic differences between the bodies of men and women. For example, the typical female athlete, as compared with her male counterpart, has:
- Higher estrogen levels, along with less muscle mass and more body fat
- Greater flexibility (due to looser ligaments) and less powerful muscles
- Wider pelvis, which alters the alignment of the knee and ankle
- Narrower space within the knee for the ACL to travel through
- Greater likelihood of inadequate calcium and vitamin D intake.
Women also tend to move differently than men. For example, when landing from a jump, women tend to land more upright and with the knees closer together. And when female athletes suddenly change direction, they tend to do so on one foot (perhaps due to their wider pelvis), while men tend to “cut” from both feet.
Another theory suggests that hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle make women particularly prone to injury. However, this has not been proven and research on the subject is inconclusive.”
We have developed this strength program for softball players with an emphasis on injury prevention, as well as increasing your long term strength development.
This program is complete with:
- Self Myofascial Release through foam rolling and other tools
- Mobility Drills to keep you moving optimally
- Movement Prep Exercises to help groove movements for the day
- Power Development to prime you for your workout and elevate your heart rate
- Strength Training to help you build strength and muscle to enhance your abilities on the field
- Conditioning Options to help with your aerobic and anaerobic capacities
This 12-Week Youth Softball Strength program is truly one of the most comprehensive programs of it’s kind to help you set you up for future success with your sport performance goals and help your long term development.
Can't train with us in-person? No Problem. The Champion Online Training platform has everything you need to take advantage of our expert coaching and programming from anywhere in the world
- Viewable programs and video exercise demos from your phone, tablet, or computer
- Printable versions of your program to take with you and track you weights and progress
- New programs are available and exercises are progressed each month to continuously make progress
- Adaptable program can be performed 3-5x per week based on your schedule
- Access to our extensive exercise library to help you modify or progress your exercises to scale the program based on your level of experience
- Educational videos to help you master the main lifts
- A private Facebook Group to interact with the #TeamChampion coaches and online community
THE CHAMPION DIFFERENCE
The world-renowned team at Champion PT and Performance is highly skilled to offer the latest cutting edge fitness options to help you achieve your goals. We are trained in many of the latest assessment, corrective exercise, and strength and conditioning philosophies. Our coaches and therapists are industry leaders who have been featured in:
We work with anyone looking to get the most out of their bodies. Our clients range from busy moms, to weekend warriors, to corporate executives, to fitness enthusiasts, to professional athletes from every sport, including:
BUT DON'T LISTEN TO US, HERE'S WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT OUR PROGRAMS